Wednesday, August 6, 2014

TU & Conservation

I always thought the environment was important, and have been picking up any trash I see along the trails I hike for as long as I can remember, but fly fishing has opened up a deeper understanding of environmental protection to me. With events such as the coal ash spills into the Dan river, algae toxins in Toledo, the coal mining chemical spill in West Virginia, and various other water contamination issues, it becomes more and more evident to me that we need to protect our water, and preserve whole river ecosystems. I don't really know how to get started on my end, but I have a few ideas for the Outdoor Club I sponsor through work. I hope to get students as excited about these topics, and get our feet wet both literally and figuratively with regards to making a difference locally.


TU Headwaters (short) from TwoFisted Heart Productions on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment